Baked Eggs with Chorizo and Mexe Beans
- 1 spanish chorizo, skin removed, half sliced and half finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 chilli, roughly chopped
- ½ a capsicum, sliced into batons
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tin Old El Paso mexe beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of Tasman Sea Salt
- 5 eggs
- To serve;
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 loaf sourdough, sliced
Step 1 Add chorizo to a cold pan and bring to a medium heat. Add in garlic and chilli, saute until aromatic. Bring pan upto to a high heat and add capsicum, onion, mexe beans, chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt, saute for a further 5 minutes.
Step 2 Reduce back to a medium heat and make 5 small wells around the bean mixture, crack an egg into each well and cook until yolks have turned white. To finish place the pan under the grill for 5 minutes.
To serve, place cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley on top with a side of fresh sourdough.