Bottarga crusted Yellow Fin tuna with asparagus salad
30 seconds - 1 minute for each side or until golden brown & 2-3 minutes for the AsparagusPDF / Print
- 300g loin of Yellow Fin tuna, mid cut
- 100g grated bottarga*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 green asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 cups (about 100g) of baby mesculun salad
- 2 tbsp aged sweet vinegar
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Season the lightly grated bottarga* with salt and pepper then roll the tuna in the mixture to form a crust. On the ILVE tepanyaki plate or in a heavy based pan, heat the olive oil then sear tuna lightly for about 30 seconds on each side. Allow to cool in the fridge.
- For the salad, char grill the asparagus spears on the tepanyaki plate or under the oven grill, then cut diagonally in half. In a bowl toss together the mesculun leaves, asparagus spears and dress with the aged sweet vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife slice tuna into 1/2 cm thick slices. Arrange salad equally amongst four serving plates and place two pieces of tuna on each plate. Drizzle with extra salad dressing.
- *Bottarga is the salted, dried roe of either mullet or tuna and widely available in ne food stores and fish markets.