- 1x 20pack Barilla Lasagna sheets
- For the meat sauce
- 500g lamb shoulder, slow roasted
- 1 chorizo, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1-2 celery sticks finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Pukara truffle oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400g Barilla bolognese sauce
- 400g Barilla arrabbiata sauce
- For the béchamel;
- 75g ashgrove butter
- 1/3 cup four roses plain flour
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup grated tasty cheese
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Step 1 In a large pot over medium heat add chorizo, onion, celery, carrots, truffle oil and a pinch of salt. Cook down for approximately 10 minutes until it has softened.
Step 2 Meanwhile to make the béchamel, add the butter to a pot over medium heat and let melt. Once melted, add in the flour and then milk gradually while continually stirring for around 5 minutes. Add in ½ the cheese and stir until melted.
Step 3 Once the sauce mixture has softened, add in shredded lamb shoulder, chicken stock, bolognese sauce and arrabiata sauce. Stir together and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 4 In a lasagna dish layer the béchamel sauce, followed by pasta sheets and then a layer of meat sauce. Continue to layer each component until the dish is full, making sure the béchamel is the last layer. Tops with remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes and for the last 5 minutes turn on the grill.