10 minutesPDF / Print
- 30g grated bottarga* (*Bottarga is the salted, dried roe of either mullet or tuna and widely available in fine food stores and fish markets.)
- 1.5kg vongole (baby clams)
- 500g linguini
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh chilli
- Chopped parsley
- Refrigerate vongole in a bowl of lightly salted water or flour for approx one hour.
- Cook the linguini in plenty of boiling salted water. In a large, shallow saucepan heat the olive oil and add the finely chopped garlic and fresh chilli. Next add the vongole and follow with a splash of white wine.
- Cover the pan for 1-2 minutes until all the clams have all opened. Add 10g of the grated bottarga and parsley and heat for a further minute or so until the sauce emulsifies.
- When al dente, drain the linguini retaining some of the water. Toss the linguini with the clams and sauce for a couple of minutes until creamy. If linguini looks dry add a little of the salted water you have retained together with a drizzle of olive oil.
Just before serving, sprinkle with the remaining bottarga* and extra parsley.