One-Pan Pumpkin and Blue Cheese Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (75g) hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 400g (12½oz) spaghettoni
- 250g (8oz) kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into 1cm (½in) wedges
- 250g (8oz) piece parmesan, rind reserved, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 60g (2oz) rocket (arugula) leaves
- 100g (3oz) blue cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan (approximately 28cm/11¼in top measurement) over medium-high heat. Toast hazelnuts, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from the heat and remove half the hazelnuts.
2. Add stock and spaghettoni to the pan then top evenly with pumpkin; add the parmesan rind, if using. Sprinkle the garlic, lemon rind and chilli flakes evenly over the pumpkin and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Increase the heat to high; cover the pan and bring to the boil. Uncover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the spaghettoni is tender and the liquid has evaporated.
4. Discard the parmesan rind; stir in the rocket. Sprinkle with blue cheese, parsley and the remaining hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Tip- Instead of blue cheese, you can sprinkle the pasta with shaved parmesan, if you prefer.