zucchini, black bean and corn enchiladas
- 3 large zucchini (450g)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 trimmed corn cobs (500g)
- 8 x 20cm (8-inch) white corn tortillas
- 400g (12½ ounces) canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 100g (3 ounces) fetta
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, extra
- enchilada sauce
- 800g (1½ pounds) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups (375ml) basic vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground chilli powder
1 Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Grease a 25cm x 30cm (10-inch x 12-inch) ovenproof dish.
2 Cut zucchini in half lengthways then cut each half into long thin wedges. Place zucchini on tray; drizzle with half the oil. Roast 30 minutes or until just tender; chop coarsely.
3 Meanwhile make enchilada sauce.
4 Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Heat a grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat; cook corn, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs; discard cobs.
5 Reheat grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat; cook tortillas, for 30 seconds each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
6 Combine zucchini, beans, coriander, half the corn, half the fetta, half the oregano and ½ cup enchilada sauce in a large bowl.
7 Divide zucchini filling evenly among warm tortillas; roll to enclose filling. Place tortillas in dish; brush tops with remaining oil. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas, leaving 2cm (¾-inch) at each end of enchiladas uncovered. Top with remaining fetta and oregano.
8 Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and heated through. Serve topped with remaining corn and extra oregano.
9 enchilada sauce Blend or process ingredients until smooth; transfer to a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened slightly.